WNO#: 35 Type: Indoor Gasification Wood Boilers Brand: WOOD GUN Model: E250 Max BTU: 250,000 Firebox Vol: 22 cub. ft. Max Wood Length: 46 inches Water Vol: 140 gallons Weight: 3000 lb. Efficiency: 85% Country Manufactured: USA Testing/Listing: ? Emissions: ? Data Source: More Details:
WOOD GUN Indoor Gasification Wood Boilers4
out of 5
based on 1 user reviews.
WOOD GUN E250 Description:Indoor Gasification Wood Boilers - BTU: 250,000 Rating:4 Author:ScottB Review:The WoodGun boiler from AHS is a time tested design and one of the few boilers available with the ASME H stamp required by some states (Econoburn being the other). My application is heating a 2000 sq ft home in MA. The boiler is connected with an 820 gallon unpressurized American Solartechnics thermal storage tank. The boiler is fired once a day for 4-5 hours to make heat for the following day. Average wood usage has been 3.8 cu Ft per day, or a little under a cord a month during the coldest weather. On milder days (40+ degree daytime) it is only fired every other day. It is supplying a bit over 300K BTU's per day with each firing.
- Built like a battleship, very rugged and safe.
- Large wood capacity allows entire burn with 1 reload 1/2 way through.
- Complete shut-down of fire when up to temperature, no smoldering fire.
- Can be run without storage due to large thermal mass (80 gallons water + 1650 lbs of boiler).
- Fairly economical use of wood, using less than expected.
- Easy to clean. Self cleaning heat exchanger is exceptionally effective. Very low stack temps.
- Boiler would be better with an insulated front and rear door to reduce heat loss.
- Variable speed draft fan. Factory set fan speed is a bit too strong for burning very well seasoned hardwood.
- No dedicated secondary air in this design. Loading the wood towards the front allows some fresh air to mix with the un-burned wood gasses. Some loading patterns yield smoke and poor results. There is a slight learning curve.